Friday, January 16, 2015

Aurora Wings Showcase Today

Welcome to the beginning of the weekend. I hope that everyone has some amazing plans for the next two days. I hope to get out a little. Our Oklahoma temperature is going to be around 60˚ all weekend. I will take that any day. 


I am thrilled to be a part of Aurora Wings again. I had to resign my position this summer due to health reasons. I contacted Mitzi about coming back on board, and I asked just at the right time. A position opened on her Aurora Wings Showcase blog. I am now officially part of the Aurora Wings Showcase Designers! Mitzi has a very talented group of designers and I am going to be eager working along side these designers.

Today at Aurora Wings we are showcasing one of Mitzi’s beautiful digital images, Winter Lullaby. I was thrilled that Mitzi wanted her showcase designers to color and create art with Winter Lullaby. After my coloring was completed I knew that I wanted the Winter Lullaby ACEO added to my ATC collection.


Copic colors used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20;
Hair: E40, 42, 43, 44, 47, 49, Primsma pencil Dark Umber
Owl: W1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and
E40, 42, 43, 47;
Flowers: BV20, 23, 25, 29, and
G82, W7;
Background: E40, 42, 43, 44.


The process of making this art card is pretty straight forward, but I do want to point out the Ivy die cuts. I have just purchased this beautiful die and after the cutting and arranging, I knew that this is one that I will use many times in the near future. The leaves come in four sizes and you can cut as many as you want. Before placing the leaves on the vine I distressed their edges with brown ink and softly pounced the brown ink within the body of the leaves.


Supplies used and their links:
Cardstock: Fun Stampers Journey Cocoa Powder and Beach Ball;
Designer Paper: 1st Edition Paper New Leaf Collection;
Ink: Copics and Fun Stampers Journey Cocoa Powder;
Dies: Spellbinder’s A2 Matting Basics B & Die D-Lites Ivy.

Aurora Wings has a monthly challenge happening and the theme is “All that Glitters.” It closes Saturday, January 17, so you need to get busy. Aurora Wings has a Facebook group and there is another challenge happening there. That theme is “Gemstones.” I hope we see you visiting any of our fun groups.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me. 
Aletha Jane

Getting Ready for Christmas with Concord & 9th

I bit the bullet and started on Christmas projects. I decided to go with Concord & 9 th ’s September’s release and landed on th...