Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fun Stampers Journey Birthday Cards

I’ve created something different for you today. I wanted to make a very simple birthday card but ended up with two cards. When I say simple for me I mean there are no rubber stamps or digital images included on my project. It is a mixed media card and I got to get messy, which is a marvelous way to start the day. Really!!! If I cannot get into my studio at least once a day, I feel like I am cheating myself from something marvelous that could happen. I am blathering so I will get on to with my project.

I started out with Tim Holt’s Mixed-Media 140# card stock. I knew that I wanted something sturdy for the media that I was going to use for the background. I trimmed the card stock to 4”x5.25” and spritz with Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ) Color Splashes in Cool Pool, Watermelon, Shimmer Gold, and Shimmer Silver, drying each color before I added the next color (you do not want to create mud). After everything was dry, I sponged on some FSJ Black Licorice ink around the edges. (I do apologize; I did not take a picture of the above step.)

My next step was the die cutting. I die cut some of the FSJ New Day 12”x12” designer paper with the two largest dies in the FSJ Journey Rectangles. After the cutting, I snipped two corners of the frame to make the design on the card (see below).





When the cut frame pieces were glued on the background piece, I placed these two panels on their own cardstock. After I attached them to their card bases, I added the Happy Birthday die and sequins to finish the cards. The full list of FSJ supplies along with their stock numbers are listed below.



Fun Stampers Journey supplies (Click this link and you will get to my website.)
  • PP0004 – New Day 12 x 12 designer paper
  • CS0012 – Grape Fusion card stock
  • CS0039 – Watermelon Fusions card stock
  • CS0040 – Whip Cream card stock (this was used on the inside)
  • CS0003 – Black Licorice cardstock
  • DI0041 – Journey Rectangles dies
  • DI0093 – Gift Card Window Plates dies
  • AC0115 – Journey Sequins Special Celebration
  • IP0076 – Cool Pool Color Splash
  • IP0083 – Watermelon Color Splash
  • IP0082 – Shimmer Silver Color Splash
  • IP0081 – Shimmer Gold Color Splash


Just a little bit more…the FSJ “Spring into Summer” catalog is now available for your viewing. You can shop by clicking here. You should come to my page, click shop, and start shopping. New products in this mini. Also, on my page there is a “Happy Sales” link. Click on that and you will see everything that is now 30% off while they last. We are making room for brand new merchandise in our 2016-2017 catalog. On another note: I would love to have you become a FSJ coach and join my team.

My FSJ Birthday Cards would like to enter into the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew – Die Cuts
Through the Craft Room Door – Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart – Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by. Please, if you have any question, contact me.
Aletha Jane

3 comments:

  1. Love your unusual design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting From the Heart.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This birthday card for simply fantastic! Just downloaded to my computer as want to make something similar for my nephew. My sister is hosting his birthday at one of iconic venues Chicago and really want to make it memorable for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love these designs. They look so much like my alcohol ink pieces. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!