Monday, March 5, 2012

GHWI Challenge #16


Are you ready for Get Hippity with {ippity} Challenge #16? This one is a sketch from SplitCoast Stampers. I want to apologize for not being able to create an original sketch from GHWI. At the end of January my OA flared its ugly head big time. I decided to take a break from creating in February. This gave my hands time to rest and for the doctors to figure out which medication I needed. Well the meds are finally working! The only time that I am really stiff is first thing in the morning. I run hot water over my hands, wrap them around a couple of cups of coffee, take my meds, get some more coffee, and by 11 a.m. I am ready to go. Well, as fast as I can go. LOL! Enough about me…

I must say I enjoyed working with this sketch. Remember if you join us for Challenge #16, you can also post it in your gallery at SplitCoast Stampers. Don’t forget to put the “SC349” in your keywords. We want to see whatever your heart desires to create, but we must be able to see the sketch in your project. Please read our “Challenge Rules” before entering any of our GHWI challenges. If you don’t follow, you could be disqualified. We don’t like disqualifications.

This is the sketch we are going with for our first challenge in March:

The {ippity} stamp set I used for my project is “thankful for YOU.”

I decided to get back to where I started with rubber stamping. Heat embossing was my first love in the stamping world. I used SU’s Whisper White Crafter’s ink and Stamp Zia’s white embossing powder. My die cuts are Spellbinder’s classic circles and Memory Box’s Amira Flourish. You can see that I also embossed the die cut flourish.. The ribbon and bling is from by stash. The DP is Lilybee Designs This and That collection. My cardstock is all from, where else, SU.

Just a few more notes: I want to invite you all to come join a couple of groups that GHWI is sponsoring. The first one is over at The Crafter’s CafĂ©, Get Hippity with {ippity}/Join the Unity Community. The second is a brand new one on Facebook, Get Hippity with {ippity}. Come join us and share your love of Unity and {ippity} with us!

Come have some fun with us at some {ippity} parties and challenges. I am participating in the "Linky Party." You might also be interested in the {ippity} challenge (gonna do that one too) or the Chick Challenge with {ippity}. I am going to do my best for these last two.

Did you know that you can order {ippity} at the same time as Unity at the Unity online store? All you have to do when you order {ippity} or Unity is pick me, Aletha J. Williams, as your {ippity} Chick. I would appreciate it tremendously!

Thanks for stopping by! I can’t wait to see your little pieces of art GHWI’s Challenge #16!
Aletha

4 comments:

  1. Hello Aletha, I absolutely adore this card! You are way too creative! :) I've passed along a blog award to you! Hop on over to my blog to see: http://paperandscrapscreations.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Aletha, I absolutely adore this card! You are way too creative! :) I've passed along a blog award to you! Hop on over to my blog to see: http://paperandscrapscreations.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Aletha, wonderful cards and this one is no exeption its FAB. I love the colours and the flourish is gorgeous.
    I too have a problem with my hand (just my right) I have lost full use due to damaged nerves and I too am in pain 24/7, Like you I find crafting a great hobby, it takes my mind off things.
    Nice to meet you I am your 200th follower.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo...GORGEOUS!! Thanks for joining us in the March 4th Unity Opportunity Ippity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!