Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blossum and 613 Avenue Create

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. We have a little sign of spring this weekend in Oklahoma. It would be so nice if it would stay.


Today Rick St. Dennis MFA is the sponsor over at 613 AvenueCreate Challenge Blog


613 Avenue Create’s theme is Earth Day. The challenge is a color combo celebrating Earth Day.



I have the honor of being a guest designer for this challenge. I have chosen a new Randi Dandi, Blossum. Blossum is not in Rick’s shop, but I feel very lucky to have been able to color and create something with this cutie.


My mojo slipped out the door, but I was able to put this little card together. Blossum was colored with my Copics. All the cardstock is from my stash, and I got to use a lot of my scraps for the dies. The kimono die is from Cheery Lynn Designs and I used Graphic 45 Bird Song designer paper. After I cut the kimono, I then layered it on cardstock and fussy cut around it. This layout needed some pop of color so I added fan die cuts in a brighter color. Those beautiful fan dies are from SCACD. I have had this die for several months, and I finally have something to use it on.



Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions please contact me. Now, hop on over to 613 Avenue Create and join the fun.
Aletha Jane

4 comments:

  1. Aletha~This is beautiful as always. My birthday is on March 20th. My youngest son gets mad at me when I accept those things b/c it goes to everyone on my contact list. But please put my bday on your list if you'd like. Much love & many hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aletha,

    Wow this is gorgeous! Your coloring is perfection, the fussy cutting of the image and the dies are awesome. So this was made with no mojo? LOL! That's impressive :) Thank you for joining us and sharing your talent this week.

    Hugs,
    Kathi
    Co-Owner
    613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with Blossom, you did a great job on the coloring and the lovely details in the background! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aletha, This is just stunning! I love the way you fussy cut around her and then layered. You half way expect to see her hair swinging in the breeze.

    Thanks for being our GDT this week!
    Hugz
    Chana, Owner
    613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!